The Villager reports on a recent meeting beteween Chelsea and West Village residents and James Cormer, the head of the Field Operations team that's redesigning the High Line. Actual, unedited quotes from the crowd:
1) "The High Line should be a 'slow lane' and the Hudson River Park could be a 'fast lane.'" [ed--'genius']
2) "No beach but perhaps ponds.? [ed--no beach?!?]
3) "Perhaps a waterfall on one of the buildings."
4) "On a beautiful spring day there will be a lot of people up there who will need bathrooms."
They really can't build this thing soon enough.
· Idea of High Line as 'meditative slow lane' popular [The Villager]