Quotes concerning the plans for Goldman Sachs' proposed office tower (right) adjacent to Ground Zero, designed by I.M. Pei associate Henry Cobb:
1) "The building is very attractive on the west and south sides and not very attractive on the north and east."
2) "It's the largest building, yet we don?t have anywhere near the community amenities that we have had in any of the other buildings."
3) "It is acknowledging its face to the water?. In a sense, it acknowledges the universe. It acknowledges infinite space."
4) "[It's] a control our fate kind of thing."
Now, pop quiz: pick the quote from Mr. Cobb. Then, for bonus points, pick the quote from a well-spoken Goldman executive.
· Goldman Sachs unveils B.P.C. tower design [Downtown Express]
· Henry N. Cobb Bio [pcfandp.com]