Wrapping up yesterday's obsession with 7 Essex Street... We heard that apartments had been sold in the building to "a Goldman executive" and a "well-known photographer." Hello, ACRIS! (Have tax dollars ever been better spent than when they created ACRIS? We digress.) Here's who seems to have moved in, followed by the first Curbed Property Report detailing selling prices from the public record.
1) Nancy Yao (Loft 5A) appears to be the touted "Goldman Executive." She also sits on the Council for Foreign Relations.
2) Actress Amy Carlson apparently co-owns (4A) with Les Savy Fav bassist Sydney "Syd" Butler (with Amy, above).
3) John Cloud co-owns with Michael Feder (5B). Feder could be same as the author and host of weekly radio show on WBAI-FM.
4) Beth Bugdaycay (7A) may be the co-founder of Rebecca Taylor.
5) Jeffrey W. Stewart (8A) may be the lawyer at Sidley, Austin.
Still with us? Doing some fast math, if the remaining apartments sell at asking price and the two apartments for which we do not have data sold for the same price as other apartments on the same floor, total sales proceeds should be $18.8 million. Construction costs, according to architects F,G,C were $8,600,000.
So... anyone know how much the Essex Street Condomium association paid for the property? (They took out a mortgage of $10,193,956 in 8/01 and then another smaller mortgage of $296,926 in 8/02 that they satisfied in March... Okay, we're done, we promise.)
· Construction Underway at 7 Essex [Real Estate Weekly, 5/02]
· 7 Essex Update: Who Owns What? [Curbed]
· 7 Essex Update: Watch Those Windows [Curbed]
· Development Du Jour: 7 Essex Street [Curbed]