In case you've missed the hype lavished on The Gretsch, the luxury development at 60 Broadway in Williamsburg that the celebs are loving, Curbed offers a quick primer:
1) 10-story luxury condos, under development from former Gretsch musical instrument factory near Williamsburg Bridge
2) Triggered protests by Hasidics who "fear the infiltration of outsiders with loose lifestyles and big bank accounts"
3) Interior design consultant: Montreal-based Andre Escobar
4) Least expensive listing: Apt. 9M, 1BR w/balcony, $675k
5) Most expensive listing: Apt. 8C, 3BR corner loft, $1.325m
Construction is finishing up this fall, with possible occupancy in December 2004, though we hear spring 2005 is more likely.
· New Development: The Gretsch [Corcoran]
· Apartments for Sale at The Gretsch [Corcoran]
· Williamsburg is the New Tribeca [NYMag]
· High-Rent District? [The Jewish Week]
· Hasidically v. Hipsterest [Gothamist]
· Gretsch Muscial Instruments [gretsch.com]