Strange news for downtown Manhattan's new skyline, via three actual excerpts from a Wired News story about the wind turbines slated for the upper reaches of the Freedom Tower:
1) "Placing the turbines above the observation deck also gives wind energy much-needed exposure to the public, according to Battle. 'This will set the debate alight,' Battle said."
2) "Not all tourists who view wind turbines for the first time on the Freedom Tower will become enthused about putting them on their land when they return home."
3) "The best wind spots are at places people don't want to live, like out in plains."
· Freedom Tower Will Be Green Giant [Wired News via Archinect]
· Freedom Tower's Dead Bird Problem [Curbed]