The long-awaited refurbishment plans for Washington Square Park are set for unveiling early next month, but The Villager has the scoop on some of the project's essential details:
1) Raising sunken central plaza up to grade.
2) Relocating dog runs to park's southern perimeter across from Judson Church.
3) Replace "Teen Plaza" in southwestern corner with lawn.
4) Replace big "tar mounds" with lawn.
5) Request pot vendors say "herb, herb" instead of "smoke, smoke" as part of Mayor's non-smoking push. (Note: unconfirmed.)
· Washington Square Redesign to Go Public [The Villager]