After all the time we've spent dissecting Dumbo's 70 Washington development, it was only a matter of time before we received a narrated tour of its innards. Our new favorite tipster brought her cam-phone and mental notebook to her trip to 70Wash, and she files these details:
1) According to Two Trees, 2 apartments have closed and people have moved in.
2) They are 50% sold out.
Numbers 3, 4 and 5?with photos!?after the jump, including the "jackpot" of cables. No, really.
3) The bathrooms for the 1brs or the second bathroom are hideous. Sink on pipes. Cheap floor tiles.
4) Apartments don't have combined PTAC units, instead, the heating goes through old school radiators: two per room/living room.
5) Owners hit the jackpot: while the offering plan said building would have cable tv integrated, they also threw in CAT 5 and CAT 6 cables throughout, which means you can do all kinds of awesome home automation. It really isn't about the $2,000 or so for structured wiring that you would have to pay, but the relief of not having to bust up the walls to put it in.
· The Case for 70 Washington [Curbed]
· Curbed Field Trip: Inside Astor Place [Curbed]