Fill'er-up! More reports from gas station land, submitted by Curbed readers...
1) East Village: Gaseteria site, Avenue B/Houston: "One Avenue B is a luxury condo building being marketed by the Citi-Habitats people. It'll be a full-service, white glove facility with concierge, floor-through gym and 5 star amenities."
2) Chelsea: "Not a tip on the Exxon gas station, but a heads up on other nearby events. Apparently, the beer and beverage distributor located diagonally across 23rd from the old Exxon was bought out by a developer for a significant sum and is now closing. The beverage distributor is on the lot next to the new High Line 519 development. I asked the owner of the distributor what was happening to the land and he said something like a 'big apartment building.' The interesting part is that a portion of the beverage distributor's lot is covered by the Highline. Raising the question of how the building will integrate the Highline into its architecture. Unless the developer doesn't expect the Highline to be there in the future."
3) Hell's Kitchen: "Another gas station bites the dust. Check out the corner of 42nd & 11th. Closed a big gas station that was crazy business from tunnel traffic."
· Digging Up Oil in Chelsea [Curbed]
· Curbed TrendWatch: Gas Station Nostalgia [Curbed]