The kids at Yale asked some pros who they like in the Childs vs. Shine hey!-you-stole-my-tower smackdown. A sampling:
· "I wouldn't venture how it's going to come out, but just on first glance the two buildings are unusually similar." -William Fisher, Harvard intellectual property law professor
· "Both buildings have twisted rectangular prisms, slightly attenuated tops, lattice-grid structural systems ? I see those features both as being relatively unique in that combination." -Yale architecture professor James Axley.
· "He totally ganked it." -Daniel LibeskindOkay, we made that last one up. Still, doesn't sound good for Freedom.
· Tower Designs to Test Copyright Law [YDN via Archinect]
· Childs Makes Convincing Case He Didn't Steal Freedom [Curbed]
· Freedom Tower's Long-Lost Twin [Curbed]