It's been four months since his November stay, and Blogger John Massengale has finally decided that The Hotel On Rivington is all right. Sure, it's a "big, glass, yuppie box in the hip, old, low-rise Lower East Side," but that's besides the point, Massengale says.
A lot of architecture today is intellectual and ideological, more about the concept than the execution. Staying at the THOR was good because staying there made me feel good, and in the end, that's what design is all about.More at V et V, where somehow Jane Jacobs get involved (she'd love THOR!). Plus, more THOR goodness at ebway.org, where a recent guest is really "happy" with their stay, and landlord Paul Stallings is further dissected.
· THOR: A Good Thing... [Veritas et Venustas]
· Another Happy THOR Customer [ebway.org]
· More THOR Chatter [ebway.org]
· THOR Jumps the Gun on Spring [Curbed]
· THOR Update: Take Three [Curbed]