Personal design style has reached an eccentric apex in NYC, if this week's design-centric issue of New York is to be believed. Writes Wendy Goodman,
[Amateur and professional designers] exhibit an innate attraction to unusual colors and objects, even to the point of putting dancing crocodiles in their front hall. In this issue, we pay tribute to these new eccentrics?from the contractor who insisted on using subway doors in his apartment [(right), with in-floor Jacuzzi] to the financial consultant whose own contractor looked at her choice of wallpaper and thought he was tripping.For the unbelievers among us, a bevy of apartment tours await you.
· The New Eccentrics: A Design Movement Afoot [New York Mag]
· A West Village Duplex Made of Subway Parts [New York Mag]
· Baroque Design in a Park Slope Duplex
· Experimenting with Color Schemes in Time Warner Center [New York Mag]
· Tuscany Meets Venice in Triangular Village House [New York Mag]