Ladies and gentlemen, the 7,814 votes have been tallied. Presenting your first annual 'Hoodwinked grand-prize-winning neighborhood:
Submitted By: Heath Binder & Adam Wills
Boundaries: Right After the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. The neighborhood stretching between Tillary Street and York Steet, north of the Manhattan Bridge
Description: Ever been to Dumbo? Nice, isn?t it, with all of the fancy restaurants, the waterfront views, the arts scene ? if you cross north over the Manhattan Bridge, however, you?re still in the same zip code (11201), and people (realtors) still refer to the neighborhood as Dumbo, but it?s, well, a little different from the high-priced condo haven. For starters, Fresh Direct won?t deliver to ?our part? of the zip code. Two, our closest 24-hour store is the McDonalds on Tillary Street. Three, we?ve got the projects. The neighborhood is nice and green and hell, my rent is great compared to what I?d be paying for space on the South side of the bridge, considering that I?m literally a three-minute walk from it, but I think it deserves a moniker which appropriately reflects its grittiness. We are still industrial, you know.
After the jump, the full result, a rundown of the other 10 finalists, and more.
More contest high- and lowlights:
· 'Hoodwinked Voting: Two Hours to Go; Shenanigans Charged [6/21]
· 'Hoodwinked Voting: Four Hours to Go, Race Tightens!! [6/21]
· Choose the 11th 'Hoodwinked Finalist [6/17]
· 'Hoodwinked Update: Quick Hits [6/14]
· 'Hoodwinked Update: LoCoGate [6/03]
· 'Hoodwinked Update: More from the Reject Bin [6/02]
· 'Hoodwinked Update: Sifting Through the Shit [6/01]
· First Anniversary Contest: 'Hoodwinked! [5/25]
Been fun! And now back to the serious business of New York real estate blogging.