Two quick hits from the Phoenix File, home of places recently mourned as gone, and yet ready and raring to return:
1) Teany at 90 Rivington: Moby's (former?) biz partner Kelly confirms that that the cafe hasn't gone away, just gone more zen (i.e., "more teahouse ... less food"). "moby will basically be loving teany, and coming in regularly to enjoy his gyokuro (#41) and vegan turkey club, while playing scrabble or rummy," she writes, nary a capital letter in sight. New limited hours: Fri-Sat: 10am-2am. Sun: 10am-8pm.
· don't believe the press! [teany.com]
· Teany's Tiny Post-Hiatus Return [Eater]
· Moby Watch: Don't Ask Me, I Just Own the Place [Curbed]
2) Blind Tiger Ale House at 518 Hudson: Amy, over at NewYorkology, clings to the hope that a note on the well-loved neighborhood beer den's still-active website about being "back in business ASAP" will come true, perhaps as soon as April. Still, it could be in an another location, as commercial real estate brokerage RFK is listing the corner property at 10th St., rent available upon request.
· Blind Tiger Ale House could reopen in April [NYology]
· Listing: 518 Hudson St. [RFK]
· In West Village, Blind Tiger Out, Marc Jacobs In [Curbed]