1) From WhatISee, reporting from Hell's Kitchen: "Bennigans opened in September 2004 with a lot of noise. At the time, I thought it was contributing to the Mallification of Manhattan. Just over a year later, it seems no one liked it, and it has closed."
2) From a reader: "I'm totally devastated, EJ's Luncheonette on 6th ave has lost their lease."
3) From a reader: "Looks like INTO THE WOODS (on St. Marks) has gone INTO THE GROUND literally. Not sure what is moving in, i spoke to the contractors and they tell me its some cuban restaurant."
· Hells Kitchen Bennigans lasted 15 months [WhatISee]
· The Mallification of NYC [Curbed]