A few questions submitted by actual Curbed readers for your consideration. Responses, more questions, and big, fat, high-res pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop a note in the comments below.
1) Upper West Side: "the huge eddie bauer store on 67th & broadway next to Barnes & Noble abruptly went vacant a few weeks ago and there is a new construction sign up in the window. Can you ask if anyone knows any tips or gossip about what's going in there?"
2) Tribeca: "What's up with the 2 story building on the south-east corner of West Broadway & Chambers St? The second floor appears to be all but empty except for a GIANT glass enclosed Chandelier (imagined right)? There are rumblings of development on this site, but I am dying to know what they do on the 2nd floor."
3) Carroll Gardens: "Hey, anyone know what's getting built at Butler and Bond in Carroll Gardens (generous CG boundary! -ed), next to the C-Town? We used to live next door to what was a vacant lot until about two weeks before we moved out, when bulldozers started ramming our building and making the whole thing shake."
4) East Village: "I rubbernecked 355 Bowery's newly unveiled dumbo-windows-in-noho from a cab tonight. What's going on with that building? Google produced only a paltry sentence about hotel/condo something."
5) Gramercy: "Anyone know what's going on at 31 E. 28th (b/tw Madison & Park South)? A deed was recorded in October and now the hardware store on ground level is closed (after moving there just a year or two ago), many of the windows upstairs are covered in plywood and theowners have a permit to convert to residential. Can there be even more luxury condos in the works?"