This here is Daniel Peckham. Here is a list of enticements Mr. Peckham, with whom we were previously unfamiliar, has turned down to vacate the $1,007/month West 21st Street one-bedroom apartment he lives in, per an amazing Village Voice story:
· a move to an adjacent property owned by the same landlord, where he could pay same rent for next seven years;
· 18 different apartments to move to, most from West 68th to West 101st streets;
· an $800-a-month lease governed by rent-stabilized guidelines on a renovated one-bedroom on West 69th Street between Columbus Avenue and Broadway;
· a $75,000 buyout;
· a move back to same Chelsea apartment post-renovation, with a $15,000 relocation stipend in the meantime
His answer to all such concepts? Hell no! Mr. Peckham, Curbed salutes you, for no other reason than we need more people like you to write about.
· The Squatter [Village Voice]