It was inevitable. Two days after the launch of everyone's favorite Zestimator, Curbed readers have gone on a bargain-hunting crusade on the property-pricing website. Three reports from fantasy land:
1) "3BR/2BTH Single Family Home at the Helmsley Building, 230 Park Ave., for only $386,745 (above).1,965 SQ on an over-80,000 SQ lot." [via this comment]
2) "They're showing places in my neighborhood for ridiculously low prices, actually. Across the street: a 3BR, 1,600 sqft for $295k. Yeah, maybe in Mexico. Not in Battery Park City."
3) "Check out this deal on just east of Bedford St. on "Grove St." Quite a bargain for $508K, right? Here's the link, but find it on the map for hilarious context."
To its credit, Zillow is being transparent about its user feedback. Hey, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Zestimate.
· What Zillow Users Are Saying to Us [Zillow Blog]
· Zillow Update: Hey, Is This Thing On? [Curbed]