[This week, we're taking our three-packs to the East Village, where we'll climb the price ladder from six- to eight-figures. Today, we begin with apartments for the low-low price of $500k or less.]
1) What/Where: Studio, E. 9th St. (B'way & University)
The Skinny: All sorts of accomodating going on here -- "can sublet 2 of 5 years. Guarantors and co-purchasers are okay. Easy board approval. No interview" -- which makes us a little nervous. 404 sqft, with a partition-friendly layout. Pack 'em in, kids.
· Listing: 63 E. 9th St. [Elliman]
2) What/Where: 1BR, E. 12th St. (2nd & 3rd)
The Skinny: The pix really bring out this place's tight corners. See if you can touch four walls! Still, eat-in kitchen, two exposures, elevators. Pets are welcome, but they will not enjoy themselves. Just reduced.
· Listing: 226 E. 12th St. [Corcoran]
3) What/Where: Alcove Studio, E. 14th St. (1st & 2nd)
The Skinny: This one almost didn't make the cut on account of its $500k price tag. But the corresponding Craigslisting undercuts the price by a grand, and so we will make an exception. "Sunsplashed with large windows and views make this apartment very lively," says the listing. No doubt.
· Listing: 333 East 14th Street [Citi-Habitats]