[This week, we're taking our three-packs to the East Village, where we'll climb the price ladder from six- to eight-figures. Today, we continue with apartments priced between $2mil and $5mil. Not much doing out there in this range.]
1) What/Where: 2BR Duplex, E. 9th (Bway & Univ)
Asking: $2.575 mil
The Skinny: A little close to the center here, but we're in an expansive mood today, plus we get to compare a "sun-flooded" apartment with an earlier "sun-drenched" entry from the very same firm. See, totally different. Double-height living room, common roof terrace, 1 1/2 baths.
· Listing: 35 East 9th St. [Sotheby's]
2) What/Where: 2BR, E. 10th St. (1st & 2nd)
Asking: $3.695 mil
The Skinny: Located in the New Theater building, this place has "panoramic 360 degree views of the Brooklyn Bridge, Chrysler Building and Empire State Building," and a "Phillip Stark [sic] bathrooms," to boot. 3400sqft, full floor. Bonus points if you can figure out what's going on on the couch at left in the living room.
· Listing: 240 E. 10th St. [Halstead]
3) What/Where: Townhouse, E. 10th St. (2nd & 3rd)
Asking: $4.4 mil
The Skinny: In contract -- actually in all sorts of contracts: "sight of many Brides Magazine photo shoots" and "the garden has been used by 'Law and Order' for several episodes." Okay, awesome. Now here's where we start to lose interest: "the house is located across from the house uses in the film 'The Interpreter' with Nicole Kidman." The huh?
· Listing: E. 10th St. Townhouse [Brown Harris]
· East Village Ladder #3: $1mil to $2mil [Curbed]
· East Village Ladder #2: $500k to $1mil [Curbed]
· East Village Ladder #1: Less than $500k [Curbed]