[This week, we're taking our three-packs to the Upper West Side, where we'll climb the price ladder from six figures to eight figures. Today, we continue with apartments priced between $1 million and $2 million.]
1) What/Where: 2BR, UWS (parts unknown)
Asking: $1.05 million
The Skinny: Couple themes developing in this week's ladder: 1) The UWS is hot -- or may even "the hottest," if you believe Sotheby's. 2) Fairway is marketing gold -- listed here along with nearby 2 parks and Lincoln Center as "all that’s good in life." Loft-like kitchen with crazy shelving.
· Listing: Jewel of the Upper West Side [Sothebys]
2) What/Where: 2BR, West End (84th & 85th)
Asking: $1.65 million
The Skinny: This is not the kind of place you'd expect to find bunk-beds, but there they are. If your little shavers are aspiring chefs, you're also in luck, as the kitchen is equipped with all of the appliances the kids are wearing these days. Maid's room. Nice layout.
· Listing: 490 West End Ave. [Stribling]
3) What/Where: 2BR, 70th St. (Col. & Bway)
Asking: $2 million
The Skinny: The listing is rather stingy with words (see, "Luxurious 2BR Townhouse Triplex with private garden.") It's the pictures that tell the blurry story. Pre-war parlor/garden/sub triplex. We're suckers for stairs. Please, though, do not make us live in the basement.
· Listing: 107 West 70th Street [CBHK]
· Upper West Side Ladder #2: $500k to $1mil [Curbed]
· Upper West Side Ladder #1: Under $500k [Curbed]