As we gaze at some bonus interior renderings of David Childs' newest (and, says consensus, most modest) plan for Moynihan Station announced yesterday, five fun facts about the project:
1) Space of main hall (above, renderings by Archimation) at Moynihan, 160'x230'. At Grand Central, 115'x270'.
2) Station will include 150-room hotel, major retailers, restaurants, vagrants
3) Unused air rights will be transfered to a site across the way on Eighth Avenue that Related and Vornado will develop into a residential tower (30% chance of undulation)
4) "Like Grand Central, you come in and see stars. Except ours will be real ones." —David Childs. Uh, sure. Right.
5) Meantime, Amtrak remains in old Penn Station rathole across the street. Sweet.