clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Chumley's Closed Due to Fire Next Door

A fire blazed this afternoon at 84 Bedford, next door to Chumley's, the venerable West Village speakeasy-turned-bar/resto. Eater's got the preliminary word on the institution's fate: "Though the restaurant itself was not badly damaged by the blaze, it will remain closed until structural engineers have done an inspection and the place can be properly cleaned up."
· Breaking: Fire Shuts Down Chumley's [Eater]