Behold, reader answers to Tuesday's reader questions. Not the most inspired effort, but, hey, Bushwick is hard. If you've got an answer, another question, or a sweet, sweet digital pic, drop a note in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) No Mercy: Regarding the development on 3rd Ave. between 27th and 28th, the Atlantic Development Group's plans to build 18 stories of low-income housing are on hold, now that The Governor has indicated indicated he may not approve more than $50 million in tax-exempt bonds and tax credits, according to yesterday's The Real Estate.
2) Upper West Side: Several commenters clued us in to the banking explosion on the old UWS. One notes, "The HSBC at 89th and Broadway will be the fifth or sixth bank branch to open between 86th and 96th in the past five years. Too bad indeed. As recently as the late '90s that was a pretty interesting stretch of Broadway (see above). Definitely needs to be more community oversight of commerical development in the area..." [photo via NY Site]
3) Bushwisk: Alas, no takers on 350 Grove.
4) Astoria: Shit, nobody cares about Astoria either.
5) Midtown East: As to the still-shuttered 4/5/6 entrance at the Bloomie on 59th and Lex, a commenter notes, "the bloomberg building has design elements that like to collect and form giant icicles over subway entrances." Vornado, the building's owner, and the MTA feuding can't decide who will build a canopy over the entry way. More here.
· Rumblings & Bumblings: Looks Like a Mid-Rise! [Curbed]