It's the day before opening day at Apple's new flagship store on Fifth Avenue (right by FAO Schwartz). The media peeked inside this morning, but as the afternoon wears on, the buzz continues to build...
1) Beyond our cameraphone stylings, more hot photos to peruse. Check out the Flickr photoset from kumaw of the covering coming off the cube under darkness last night; davidjschloss snaps cool architectural angles including the staircase view seen here. Apple Insider also serves up two gorgeous big pics. [Flickr/kumaw; Flickr/davidjschloss; Apple Insider]
2) The Fifth Ave. Apple Store opens to the public tomorrow at 6pm, so naturally the first person got in line at 12:15am last night. Joining the sleepout on the sidewalk tonight? These guys'll be your pals. [ifoAppleStore]
3) Obligatory mainstream media coverage: the WSJ's Nick Wingfield writes on how Apple's retail strategy "beat the odds." Bonus: Apple press release! [WSJ, PRNewswire]
4) About that street party we reported on yesterday, MacWorld picks up on the rumor. Seems it won't be U2 performing, but something's definitely going down... [MacWorld, Curbed]
· Inside the Apple Store (Really!) [Curbed]