Hey gang. Time for another round of everybody's favorite Tuesday afternoon development game, Rumblings & Bumblings. You know the drill: you ask, we broadcast, you answer. If you've got an answer, another question, or a sweet, sweet digital pic, drop a note in the comments below or email us at email@example.com. Without further ado, this week's questions...
1) Lower East Side: "I can't believe you haven't asked this yet (forgive me if I missed it) - there's scaffolding up, and apparent contruction going on, at the building that houses the live chicken store on the corner of Ridge and Delancey (north side). This is officially the smelliest corner on the LES - I can't believe that anyone would want to live/work above the chickens. But nor can I believe that residents of Blue will be living upwind of a live chicken store/slaughterhouse. What gives?" [photo via GammaBlog/flickr]
2) East Village: "i happened to be coming down 3rd ave last night and saw a lot of work on the east side of the street (i'm guessing it was at 2nd st., it was right above houston, but it was late in the evening). looked like huge loft spaces with big windows. i haven't seen anything about the development online. was curious if you knew more and i was just missing it."
3) Meatpacking: "I live at 14th street and 9th ave there is some serious construction being done at 355 W 14th St (old village idiot) you should see the 5 monster AC units they just had installed on the roof looks like it might be a club do you have any idea what they are putting there?"
4) Midtown West: "wazzup w/the construction on 2 Penn Plaza, S/W corner of 33rd and 7th Avenue?? Looks like it'll be huge double height type retail monstrosity - bummer. Maybe it'll be a tourist bar, like that lame brewing company in union sq. & rock. center - better than a Gap."
5) UWS: "I've been seeing work crews going in and out of the former junk shop on the east side of Broadway between 104 and 105. Neighborhood gossip is that they work for McDonald's. Any word on this - it would be horrible for the block if it is another fast food restaurant!"