You asked, you answered. Responses to Tuesday's reader questions below. If you've got another answer, more questions, or a sweet, sweet digital pic, drop a note in the comments below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Herewith, the goods...
1) Lower East Side: As to the chicken joint on the corner of Ridge and Delancey, there seems to be some litigation. A commenter notes, "From the court papers it looks like the chicken store is gone as of September 2007 at the latest. Maybe after that the city will start occasionally cleaning the assorted inter-species feces off the sidewalks on the north side of Delancey (east of Ridge)." Mmm. Meanwhile, another commenter questions whether this is indeed the "smelliest block on the LES," noting, "I would put the block on Broome between Eldridge and Forsythe against that corner for smelliest on the LES. [photo via GammaBlog/flickr]
2) East Village: That development just north of Houston in the East Village is part of the ever-expanding Avalon Chrystie, spreading joy since '05.
3) Meatpacking: Alas, no record to the giant A/C units installed at 355 W 14th St where the Village Idiot used to reign.
4) Midtown West: Also no news on the "huge double height type retail monstrosity" at 2 Penn Plaza. We will continue to dream of a giant Chili's.
5) UWS: Regarding the construction on Broadway between 104th and 105th, a commenter reports, "alas, it looks like the UWS restaurant will almost definitely be a McDs. I stopped in and asked the workmen today what was going in, 'a restaurant' they all chorused. 'A McDonald's?' All their eyes slid away and they said they weren't at liberty to disclose."