Above, a mixed partisan crowd at the World Cup Block Party in the shadow of 11 Spring Street and 195 Bowery in Nolita—a fiesta rumored to have been shut down by the cops about 25 minutes into the game. (N.B. despite predictions, no riots ensued.) Below, revelry in the heart of Little Italy after Italy downed France to win the 2006 World Cup.
· France-Italy Borders Spring Up Across NYC [NYTimes]
· New Yorkers Erupt as Italy Wins Cup [AMNY]
· World Cup Block Party Photoset [Flickr/youngna]
· Happy Italians: Report from Carroll Gardens [A Brooklyn Life]
· Ciao France: Report from Smith Street [zMadison via Gowanus Lounge]