On this beautiful summer Friday, the NY Times serves up two articles to remind us that you don't have to sit in traffic to get to the beach:
1) In Far Rockaway, Richard George and his beach bungalows fight the good fight against the dubiously named 130-unit condominium project "Metroplex on the Atlantic".
· A Man’s Beach Bungalow Is His Castle, Under Siege by Developers [NY Times]
· Beachside Bungalow Preservation Association [BBPAoFR]
2) The Escapes section looks at people with weekend homes just a few miles from where their primary residence. Meet Michael Isaacson and Luis Nobrega whose two-bedroom oceanfront condo is an hour away (by A train) from their Manhattan digs.
· Away, but Not Too Far [NY Times]