The bids are in on for the 26-acre Hudson Yards development site. The various projects could include up to 24 million square feet of office space and 13,000 apartments. There will be a decision by spring, give or take, from the MTA, which will select the winner. How one feels about the bidders depends on the relative value one places on, say, bankers versus fashion models and writers, etc. Here's the list:
1) Tishman Speyer has a bid that would move Morgan Stanley to the development.
2) Vornado Realty Trust and the Durst Organization would bring in Conde Nast Publications. It would also include a new HQ for the International Center of Photography. They'd also build that people mover.
3) Time-Warner Center developers Related Companies have Kohn Pederson Fox--designers of the doomed Jets Stadium--on board.
4) Brookfield Properties is bringing in Skidmore, Owing & Merill, plus High Line designers Diller Scofidio + Renfro.
5) Extell is calling on architect Steven Holl.
[Photo courtesy of Seth Holladay/flickr]