This week's top dish from Eater, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
[Photo via Noah Kalina]
1) A former Jean-Georges protege opens shop in the cursed 199 Prince location. Bad first sign: It's called Shorty's.32. Looks pretty, though.
2) Speaking of curses, Eater can't seem to predict a Top Chef winner for its life. Congrats, Hung!
3) So far, ilili is winning/losing the Worst New Restaurant Name Poll. This news should not surprise.
4) In 2002, Laurent Tourondel?the LT of the BLT empire?plotted his world domination. Here is his mission statement.
5) The initial reaction from the very hyped and very delayed Allen & Delancey: crushing. Very, very crushing.
· Eater [eater.com]