If it's Tuesday, it's Rumblings & Bumblings time. If you've got an answer to one of the reader queries below, leave a note in the comments. If you've got another question, drop a line to email@example.com. Bonus points for digital photos. Answers from readers like you on Thursday.
1) Morningside Heights: We love rumblings that features in-progress destructoporn. Writes a phototipster: "On the NE corner of 110th and Broadway in Manhattan, construction workers are currently removing some very elegant architecture from the top of the building. I'm not sure if they are removing it only temporarily, but it would certainly be a loss if it were permanent. Anybody know what's going on there?"
2) Midtown East: The Second Avenue Subway will one day make everybody rich. But the buildings have to get built first. A rumbler writes: "There seems to be a lot of construction happening along 2nd Ave in East Midtown: empty corner lot on E. 49st @2nd Ave (construction ready?); empty lots/ vacant buildings on the east side of 2nd
Ave at E. 50th and E.51st streets; hi-rise construction under way on E. 51st St @ 2nd
Ave? Do you guys know by chance what's going on over there?"
3) Harlem: "New construction in Harlem (Frederick Douglass Blvd. between 115th & 116th Street). Does anyone have any word about what this is going to be? Looks like they’ve dug two stories into the ground!" If memory serves us correctly, this is near Gateway II but not Gateway II.
4) Lower East Side: And one more, from the outer fringes of Hell Square. "Any idea what's going to be built on the north side of Stanton St between Ridge and Attorney? There's a big site that was cleared within the last week or two."
· Rumblings & Bumblings Archives [Curbed]