And now, the responses to Tuesday's Rumblings & Bumblings queries...
1) Morningside Heights: There was some debate as to the location of the building seen being stripped of some detail above, but the consensus seems to be that it's the Hendrik Hudson Annex building at 601 West 110th Street. But as to what those dudes are doing on the roof, that's still unanswered. Repairs/restoration, or something more sinister? The co-op next door has worked to preserve the building's ornamentation.
2) Midtown East: Looks like there's only concrete information on one of those Second Avenue hot properties. Ladies and gentlemen, Alexander the Great!
3) Harlem: No comment on the new construction along Frederick Douglass Blvd. between 115th and 116th Streets.
4) Lower East Side: Shocking news regarding the north side of Stanton Street between Ridge and Attorney: "Looks like Karl Fischer's rowed across the East River to bring us 8 stories of apartments and medical offices at 196-198 Stanton/145 Ridge (via DOB applications). This would replace a defunct (?) garage and theater, and crush my wild dreams of a 'Lotus Tonic' neighborhood lounge/artspace reincarnation." It's OK to cry.
· Rumblings & Bumblings: Stripped on 110th Street, Second Ave. Sagas, More [Curbed]