Today's play-in round for the 16-neighborhood Curbed Cup continues. The winners of today's votes will become the No. 15 and No. 16 seeds in the tournament, with the full bracket to be revealed tomorrow.
So let's get to today's second preliminary round play-in, in which we cross the East River for a showdown between Bushwick and Jackson Heights, two neighborhoods that need little introduction on Curbed. (For those who seek such enlightenment, however, respective neighborhood highlights and lowlights of 2007 appear after the jump.) So who's more worthy of consideration for NYC's neighborhood of 2007? Polls close at 9am tomorrow.
Bushwick (aka The Wick)
· Hipster landmarks got their very own Wikipedia page
· New developments popped up even more in the middle of nowhere
· The nabe was declared to be 'having a moment' ad nauseum
· A new basement lounge was cause for much rejoicing!
· And, finally, but most crucially: The Lair
Jackson Heights (aka Jack Heights, at least by insane real estate marketers)
· The neighborhood was deemed worthy of FreshDirect delivery!
· Was actually renamed Jack Heights by ambitious developer
· Sadly, just lost a legendary ice cream parlor
Other notables we overlooked? Do let us know.