If it's Tuesday, and there's development, there'll be Rumblings & Bumblings. If you've got an answer to one of the reader queries below, leave a note in the comments. If you've got another question, or a sweet, sweet digital photograph, drop a line to email@example.com. Answers Thursday.
1) Morningside Hts: "Something's Brewing at the Church," writes the photographer of the above pic. "110th @ Columbus.... South East Corner of the mammoth Church property.... There was construction fencing up for the last year, all of a sudden... its roared to life."
2) Harlem: A reader writes, "Does anybody know what's happening on the southeast corner of 125th and Fifth? There was a chain link fence erected around the derelict building there this morning. I wonder if there's any news of something going up there."
3) Hell's Kitchen East: "On 8th Ave between 54th & 55th on the East side of 8th, from the parking lot South is now closed, all the shops, all the resturants, and even around the corner onto 54th St," says our tipster. "No idea what's going on, but it looks like they'll be taking the entire corner."
4) Hell's Kitchen West: Meanwhile, from a few blocks west, a reader sends this query, "Does anyone know what is going on with the half completed construction site on 12th ave between 57th and 55th? It's looked the same for what seems 3 years now, maybe longer with no signs of activity. It's definitely commercial/industrial of some kind."
5) Williamsburg: Finally, "Does anyone know what is going up at the corner of North 4th and Bedford Ave in Williamsburg (Across from the Bedford Cheese Shop)? The building almost takes up the entire block and it looks like they are finally starting construction on the space. My hope is that it is finally a decent grocery store for the neighborhood."
· Rumblings & Bumblings Archives [Curbed]