With the addition of one of those snazzy new "street furniture" bus stop things just outside the door of his namesake restaurant at West Broadway and Duane Street in Tribeca, David Bouley might want to reconsider his plans to move Bouley around the corner. Just think of all those uptown folks being deposited right out front.
Queens might have been the first to get one of these spiffy new shelters, brought to us by the Spanish design firm Cemusa via a 1 Billion Dollar contract with our great City. But this sleek baby sure looks right at home amidst the cleaned-up buildings of ever-trendy Tribeca. And how handy this box will be for those who need to step outside to have a protected glass and steel shelter on hand. There's even a place to sit (tippy as it might be). That's progress! Hope it leaves room for those mega-strollers to get past. At least the sidewalk here is nice and smooth. All in all. we rate it a solid two stars, just like Dave's place.
· Snazzy New 'Street Furniture' Steps Out [Curbed]
· EaterWire: Bouley Relocates, F.R.O.G. Readies To Open & More! [Eater]
· 'Street Furniture' Update: Queens Gets Spiffy [Curbed]
· But These Stones, They Are Jostling My Child! [Curbed]
· Michelin '07 Lands: Del Posto Gets Two, ADNY Goose-Egged [Eater]