We linked this yesterday, but because a major land deal in New York is never really dead, please welcome the corpse of the Starrett City deal back to the dancefloor for your consideration this morning. The developer whose plan for the complex was rejected because of concerns about how it would remain "a viable community for New Yorkers of modest means" is resubmitting a proposal to show it won't have to raise rents if the deal gets done. The new strategy:
· Build new affordable and market-rate housing on unused land at the site!;
· Install energy-saving heating and cooling systems!;
· Pray that everyone eventually gets sick of talking about this and just gives in.
Hey, might just work!
· Rent Curbs Planned to Save Starrett City Deal [NYPost]
· Another Plan in the Works for Starrett City Purchase [NY1]
· Shock of the Week: Starrett City Deal is Toast [Curbed]