Answers to Tuesday's questions, for readers by readers, below. If you've got a better answer, another question, or a sweet, sweet digital photograph, drop a line to email@example.com?or leave a note in the comments. Thanks for playing.
1) Greenwich Village: What's up with the empty lot on the SE corner of Carmine and Varick (adjacent the wedge at 1 Seventh)? A commenter reports, "The Carmine/Varick space (formerly the Bannana Express grocery store) is a commercial property that has been trying to find a tenant for years. At one point, they had a tentative deal to bring in Buster's Garage, but the various block associations successfully fought their liquor license application, and the site remains empty."
2) Gramurray: We dispatched with our 23rd & 3rd update (the Irish are coming!) yesterday. Full report here.
3) Williamsburg: Regarding the corner of Powers and Union, a commenter writes, "The Powers/Union project will be a condo building. Height, I believe, is 8 stories (unconfirmed though--just a rumor). Look for the brick building to be demolished by early summer--construction to start by Sept/Oct." Meanwhile, another commenters suggests the building will be 6 stories with ground-floor retail.
4) FiDi: Finally, what of 85 Broad when Goldman Sachs takes its Liberty bonds and moves across town to its fancy new digs (rendered right)? Commenter "insider" says don't get your hopes up for any money-stained residential space: "a condo conversion will be tough given the floorplate and tiny windows." All signs point to another financial services company sliding into the leased space.
· Rumblings Update: 23rd & 3rd Welcomes the Irish [Curbed]
· Rumblings & Bumblings: Village Corner, 85 Broad [Curbed]