Rumblings & Bumblings is our weekly development game where we ask for your help in answering reader queries about development goings-on about town. If you've got an answer, leave a note in the comments. If you've got another question, or a sweet, sweet digital photograph, drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers Thursday.
1) East Village: "Anyone know what's going on with 404 Lafayette (right, via Property Shark)?" asks a Curbed reader. " With the exception of Crunch Fitness on the 1st & 2nd Floors, the entire building looks empty.....anyone know what's planned for the building?"
2) Downtown Brooklyn: A special correspondent writes, "There is an eight-ish storey building, red brick, green glass, on the corner of State and Court, just north of the Atlantic Court development that seems to have been completed over six months ago (estimate) and there is no activity on the inside. Massey Knackel has recently started advertising the ground floor retail space. Does anyone know what is going on with the upper residential floors? Why are they vacant. It’s a pretty good looking building."
3) Boerum Hill: Meanwhile, around the corner at Atlantic and Boerum, "[t]he gas station has been chainlinked, and the lot across the street has been blue-walled forever," writes a tipster. "What's going up here? Luxury Condos anyone?"
4) Williamsburg: Moving north and east, a reader writes, "I passed by Southside Lounge in Williamsburg over the weekend and saw a "For Sale" sign in an adjacent window. Is Southside Lounge for sale? Is the whole building for sale? Or is it the unit next door to the Southside Lounge that's for sale?"
5) Greenpoint: Finally, a resident-to-be files this request: "I will be living in Greenpoint in a few weeks (hurrah! NYC at last!) and am a regular Curbed reader. There's a small construction project underway near my new apartment -- any ideas what's going on near the corner of Meserole and Leonard across from EAT Records? It looks like a modest project but you never know..." Let's show her a little Curbed love, eh?
· Rumblings & Bumblings Archives [Curbed]