Rumblings & Bumblings is our weekly development game where we ask for your help in answering reader queries about development goings-on about town. If you've got an answer, leave a note in the comments. If you've got another question, or a sweet, sweet digital photograph, drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers Friday.
75 Smith, looking neither luxe nor pop in May '06.
1) Boerum Hill: Earlier this month, we wondered what the threatened re-opening of the Brooklyn House of D (now with ground floor retail!) means for buyers at 75 Smith (aka Luxe + Pop). Today, we wonder whether there ever will be a 75 Smith. A correspondent writes, "any news on the "luxe + pop" disaster that is the smith? seems completely stalled."
2) Lower East Side: "Just wondering if you have any details on the work that is happening on the Boys and Girls Club buillding on Houston and Pitt," asks a Curbed reader. "The building is covered in scaffolding with several works crews going in and out all day long. I dont think that the Club has been open for a while. Is the club getting a facelift or is the building going high end condo?" Some backstory here to get you started.
3) Hell's Kitchen #1: Regarding the properties at 409-413 W. 53rd St., a reader writes, "They are building what looks like condos across the street from me. Any idea of what they're putting up? Hopefully not another Hell's Kitchen mega-tower?"
4) Hell's Kitchen #2: Meanwhile, from a couple blocks south comes this query: "I saw some new scaffolding going up on 8th ave between 51st and 52nd with the gristedes on the corner. any idea whats going on?"
5) East Village: Finally, this just in: "more condos? scaffolding sighting: 13th street & 4th Ave, south west corner." UPDATE: Sorry, swept away in the scaffolding rush. We were just here. McSam!
· Rumblings & Bumblings Archives [Curbed]