clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Ask Curbed: Desperately Seeking Stability

With Stuy Towners clinging to the last grips of the good life, and others fretting about impending destabilization, we turn to another take on the age-old question of How can I continue to pay absurdly low rent? A Curbed reader writes,

My brother is moving into my rent stabilized apartment and I'm thinking of moving out. If so, can I put the lease in his name? Is there any way to transfer a rent stabilized apartment without having it revert to market rents?
Your thoughts, please, in the comments.
· Ask Curbed: Testing the Limits of Rent Stabilization [Curbed]