As Columbia's expansion plan in West Harlem begins to wind its way into the city review process, a reader in the neighborhood emails a timely question:
I own a condo right next to the Columbia expansion area. I am leaving the country in the next year and need to decide whether to sell now or wait until the ULURP process for the Columbia expansion is complete.
It was announced recently that ULURP is about to begin. It will take seven months. Should I sell now as planned or wait for the seven months? Is is likely to increase prices significantly enough for it to be worth it? I would love to know what your readers think—I know how they like to debate the future of Harlem and this is the biggest thing to happen there in the next few decades.To the comments, comrades!
· Columbia expansion plowing ahead [Crains]
· Ickariffic Columbia Expansion Driving Harlem Prices [Curbed]
· Manhattanville in West Harlem [columbia.edu]