Tavern on the Green, achin' for a redo. Photo by Kalina.
Settle in for this week's dish from Eater, our fine dining friend...
1) We have a winner in the first annual Tavern on the Green 2.0 contest. Says Christopher Chan, "Why not rename 'Tavern on the Green' to 'The Green Tavern'?" Yes, why not. The deets here.
2) Legendary Brooklyn pizza joint Di Fara was shuttered?again?by the Department of Health. The experts weigh in.
3) Deathwatch: Not looking good for Devin Tavern or Aspen.
4) Rumor mill: Ken Friedman, of Spotted Pig and will team up with Freemans owners Taavo Somer and William Tigertt and take over the closed-for-renovations West space at 425 West St.
5) A promising development for the bureaucracy-threatened Red Hook ball fields: Senator Schumer is has got your back.
· Eater [eater.com]