Just when it looked like the long-bedraggled Bowery was on the rise comes a sign that what goes up might indeed be coming down. In the past few weeks workers have been seen using jack hammers to chew away at those crazy concrete columns over at the Cooper Square Hotel. Perhaps this is all part of the plan by Carlos Zapata Studio, where everything wonky comes first (but, sadly, oh so little ever gets built). Could this be a stealth move by those Bowery Boys just down the block? An attempt to scuttle the competition? Or an indication that The Bowery is doomed forever to be the place to buy kitchen gadgets? Only time will tell.
· Eastern Europe... or East Village? [Curbed]
· Cooper Square Hotel Further Burnishing Astor Place [Curbed]
· Viva Zapata on West 23rd [Curbed]
· Holding Mass for the Pope Building [Curbed]
· Bowery Hotel Duel Really Getting Personal [Curbed]
· Bowery Hotel Mania: Lafayette House Fans the Flames [Curbed]
· Bowery Shopping Spree [Curbed]