Today's Post offers up some fodder for discussion about trends in some Brooklyn and Queens neighborhoods. The meta conclusion is that "it seems we've entered a more circumspect age." Some neighborhood highlights:
1) Sunset Park: Gentrification marches on. "The area's trajectory to continue upward."
2) Jackson Heights: Coops will insulate it from the credit crunch. "If you want rampant condo development, look elsewhere."
3) Astoria: There's "a shortage of buyers that qualify" for mortgages, but "the lower end of the sales market seems to be hot."
4) Bushwick: Less hipsters than one would expect and "the majority of sales in the neighborhood are going to blue-collar family types."
5) Bensonhurst: A lot of property on the market. "Here's one area to keep an eye on for deals."
· Deal or No Deal: Outer Boroughs Still Offer Value, but It Could Pay to Wait [NYP]
[Photo courtesy of JudsonK/flickr]