clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Ask Curbed: Can I Get 'Renovation Reparations'?

Repairs to the building next door always bring joy. This reader asks what you can do when the neighboring property owner messes with yours:

The building next door to my lovely garden apartment has been neglected over the years and is now in dire need of repair. It seems that the structural integrity of the walls are in question and will need to be rebuilt extensively. The owner of the building approached me to ask permission to place scaffolding, and bracing on my property, as well as, to allow the workers access. I believe that the project will take weeks, will damage my garden and ruin my quality of life. Am I entitled to compensation for the damage and/or quality of life compensation?Your considered answers straight ahead in the Comments section.
· Ask Curbed Archives [Curbed]