[Click to expand; right photo courtesy of mcelichowski/flckr]
The Powerhouse Condo in LIC, with its copper clad Karl Fischer addition and glass tubes, is doing fine. The adjoining building that once made up half of the complex, not so much. In fact, it is gone, except for a couple of steel beams that have thus far withstood the demolition. The original building that is now home to Hot Karl's handiwork was the Pennsylvania Railroad Power Station. It was designed by McKim, Mead & White and built in 1909.