This week's top dish from Eater, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) East Village: Even before you could get a reservation at Ko, a new Momofuku is nearly set to open. The Momofuku Milk Bar will serve flavored milks (yum!), baked goods and other treats behind Momo's Ssam Bar on 13th Street.
2) Flatiron: Meatpacking District watering hole The Hog Pit will close in January due to a rent hike, but the new Hot Pit BBQ & bar opens on West 26th Street tomorrow.
3) Noho: Chef Grant Achatz of Chicago's Alinea was at the Astor Center last night signing books and serving of treats like dehydrated bacon and "basil ice." Dinner or science experiments? You be the judge!
4) Greenpoint: There was a harrowing scene on election night, when Greenpoint restaurant Paloma caught fire, sending employees and patrons scurrying for safety.
5) Citywide Here's a list of October's huge restaurant openings, those that couldn't quite get their doors open in time, and those that perhaps never will.
· Eater [eater.com]