This week's top dish from Eater, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) Andre Balazs's Standard Hotel over the High Line went before Community Board 2 last night and was approved for three bars and two restaurants, including a party palace up on the 18th floor. Yes, yes, a thousand times YES!
2) Meanwhile, CB2 also rejected restaurateur Chris Eddy's bid for a Japanese place at Nolita's 19 Kenmare Street, where Ivan Kane's burlesque club Forty Deuce was also rejected.
3) Last night in South Beach, New York was handed another defeat at the hands of Boston, as Beantown's Radius defeated the Shake Shack in a burger-off.
4) Here's some covert footage of the mysterious space accessible through the back garden of beloved Carroll Gardens spot Frankies 457.
5) If you've ever wished that everyone in Socialista would get Hepatitis after you were turned away at the door, you may be in luck.
· Eater [eater.com]