Now that Michael Shvo is off traipsing about in Dubai?seriously, he's there right now!?it's time to look to the next generation of self-motivated power players to find his heir apparent. And folks, we think we've found our Lil' Shvo. Say hello to Corcoran's Jared Seligman, whose name you may recall from the Olsen twins' Morton Square listing. Turns out this baby-faced 21-year-old is quite the personality. Some highlights from his coming out party, which in this case is a profile in W magazine:
1) "Seligman has gained a reputation as the Manhattan real-estate broker to the young, fashionable and fabulous. Aside from being the Olsens’ agent (he currently holds the listing for their $12 million apartment on Morton Square), he’s found homes for Adam “DJ AM” Goldstein; Tommy Hilfiger’s daughter, Ally; and seemingly every runway model in the city: Stam, Coco Rocha, Caroline Trentini, Hilary Rhoda and Lily Cole."
2) "I was the youngest person hired and the quickest-ever promotion," he says with his characteristic brio, sitting in the SoHo one-bedroom that he bought last year and has decorated with a zebra rug and cashmere throws.
3) "I decided I wasn’t a student," he says. "I wanted to be my own boss and make my own rules."
4) "I recently sold an apartment with no phone, e-mail or text conversations—I did the whole deal via BlackBerry Messenger! I don’t even think anyone in my office knows what that is."
That's 21-year-old Jared Seligman, sure to be a popular presence in his Corcoran office. Folks, we'd say we're looking forward to hearing more from this new star in the future, but there isn't enough binary code to handle all the exclamation points we'd need.
· Condo King [W]
· Jared Seligman [Corcoran]