As this long weekend Saturday gets underway, check out a selection of some of the top stories on Curbed this week.
1) West Village: NYU's Plan 2031 has been re-rendered and it has a little something to make everybody a little insane. This time around, it includes new high-rises within Washington Square Village and I.M. Pei's Silver Towers, and a "zipper loft" design to replace the Coles Gymnasium.
2) FiDi: There are additional models and renderings of the SHoP Architects plan for General Growth Properties to makeover the South Street Seaport.
3) Everywhere: Are things up, down, turning around or have they hit the ground? There were many market reports this week indicating many things.
4) Brooklyn Heights: It's unclear when the entire Brooklyn Bridge Park will be funded and built, new renderings were released this week and some segments will be done by next. year.
5) Long Island City: The Crescent Club turns out to have a fitness center designed by Madonna babydaddy Carlos Leon.
6) Central Park: To us, the turkey wandering around the Ramble like he owns the freakin' place is definitely the story that rounds out the pack.